511 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
2027 Village Lane, Suite 101, Solvang, CA 93463
2001 N. Solar Drive, Unit 220, Oxnard, CA 93036
Through his own athletic participation, Dr. Christopher Proctor understands that his patients want to get back to their normal activities as quickly as possible.
Dr. Proctor believes that when a patient is informed, the healing process will be smoother. For him, high quality care begins by taking time to listen carefully so that he can be sensitive to his patients’ individual needs. Then he can provide the best recommendations and treatment to promote the most rapid and complete healing possible.
Dr. Proctor graduated from UCLA yet it wasn’t until he was introduced to orthopaedics at Columbia University that he found his true passion. After that, his own interest in athletics led him to become a Sports Medicine specialist.
Dr. Proctor grew up in Southern California and has been part of the Santa Barbara community for over 20 years. His biggest satisfaction in life is being a father and husband. In his free time, he enjoys skiing, hiking, biking, and stand up paddling.
- Current team physician for the Santa Barbara Foresters Baseball team of the California Collegiate League
- Current US Ski Team Consultation physician
- Current UCSB Team Consultation physician
- Current team physician for Santa Ynez High School
- Team Physician for the Santa Barbara Breakers professional basketball team
- Stadium Physician for the New York Yankees and Madison Square Gardens
- Published numerous articles and contributed chapters on Sports Medicine to many books
- Conducted extensive research on the structure, function and repair of joints
- Presented his findings at scientific meetings in the United States and Europe
- Developed and patented devices to prevent and rehabilitate sports injuries
- Served as an editorial reviewer for leading orthopaedic journals
- Currently investigating novel techniques for repairing shoulders and knees
Education, Certifications and Memberships
- UCLA, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Orthopedic Residency at New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Selected as the prestigious Frank E. Stinchfield Fellow in Orthopaedic Surgery at Columbia University; conducted post-doctorate research in biomechanics. Completed an advanced Sports Medicine fellowship with the renowned Southern California Center for Sports Medicine
- Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member of the California Orthopaedic Association