511 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
2027 Village Lane, Suite 101, Solvang, CA 93463
2001 N. Solar Drive, Unit 220, Oxnard, CA 93036
Dr. Birch, Santa Barbara-native and third-generation physician, earned his medical degree from the University of California San Diego where he was a Health Equity Scholar. He went on to complete his Orthopaedic residency at the University of Vermont, serving on the residency selection committee for two years and the graduate medical education quality council for four. Adding a final flourish to his academic credentials, Dr. Birch joins us from one of the most sought after total joint fellowships in the country at Indiana University.
First inspired to pursue medicine after studying public health and infectious disease in East Africa, Dr. Birch offers not only unique world experience, but particular medical expertise as the first fellowship-educated knee and hip arthroplasty specialist to join the Santa Barbara private medical community in well over a decade.
Education, Certifications and Memberships
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies and Chemistry from Boston College
- Spent eight months studying socio-economic aspects of public health and infectious disease in East Africa
- Completed his medical training as a Health Equity scholar at UC San Diego
- Distinguished resident of the Orthopaedic Surgery Residency and General Surgery Internship at the University of Vermont
- Completed the much sought-after Adult Lower Extremity Reconstructive Fellowship at Indiana University
- Board Eligible Orthopaedic surgeon, as determined by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery